Although I’m definitely more of a savoury kinda gal, now and then I do like a sweet treat. And boy, is this fudge the epitome of sweet treat. If you are looking for something healthy BACK AWAY NOW. This is loaded with sugar, cream, chocolate and all the bad (good) stuff. But it is totally worth it – trust me.
I was inspired by Cupcake Jemma‘s recipe, and although her fudge looked amazing with three layers of colour, I decided to play it safe the first time around and stick with this sassy little lilac shade!
YOU WILL NEED
- 110g unsalted butter
- 120g double cream
- 390g caster sugar
- 140g mini marshmallows
- 225g white chocolate gems
- Purple food colouring
- Baking tray, lined with grease proof paper
- The sassiest sprinkles or decorations you can find. Think glitter, hearts, pastel colours, marshmallows…
- Heat your butter, cream and sugar over a low heat. Once it starts bubbling, keep on the heat for around 5 minutes while stirring so the sugar dissolves and leaves you with a nice smooth mixture.
- Sprinkle in your white chocolate gems and stir until melted through.
- Add in your food colouring until your desired colour is reached.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray, and smooth over.
- Now comes the fun part – decorate the hell out of it, remembering to add on your mini marshmallows. DO NOT hold back. Once you’ve got enough, lightly press down to set the decorations into the mixture.
- Leave to cool at room temperature for about an hour then pop into the fridge to chill. I left mine for around 2 hours. Remove from the fridge, slice up and let the sugar coma commence!
Talking of sweet treats, have you seen my lemon drizzle cake recipe?